Saturday 26 March 2011

Kuwait sandstorm 25/03/2011



Never seen such a massive sandstorm before in Kuwait. I thought of looking out of my balcony on Friday evening,  to check out the weather before going out (to see if its warm or cold), and I got such a shock. There was this gush of dust that naturally came in as soon as I opened the balcony. I shut the balcony door and looked through the glass  and for a few minutes, I wasn't sure what was happening, why was everything so dark outside, though its dusty and I realized, its this sandstorm that has caused zero visibility. For a moment I wondered if Kuwait was observing 'Earth Hour' one day in advance. LOL.

Thank God I wasn't out amidst the traffic. There  are some amazing videos of sandstorm posted by different people on Youtube, who actually got to record it as it approached engulfing the whole city. I seriously don't understand, how people who were out in the open manage to breathe before they found some shelter. How did people manage to navigate in their vehicles on the roads with zero visibility!

1 comment:

Vasu said...

Gosh this is scary!