Monday 18 April 2011

A GIFT FOR A SPECIAL PERSON ON A SPECIAL DAY

Birthday card for my daughter and the present I sent through Salmiah Post Office
Hallmark in Marina Mall (for cards, toys and gifts)
A huge variety of cards for all occasions at Hallmark, Marina Mall


Ministry of Communications (telecommunications and postal) Salmiah

I was so happy to talk to my daughter today and wish her as its her birthday today. Ten days ago, I had picked up a nice birthday card from Hallmark in Marina Mall. I had also bought a few tiny presents for her and wrapped it up and sent it by post through the Salmiyah post office (Ministry of Communications building, near the Salmiah Co-op). My daughter rang me last night excitedly telling me she received her gift, which was quite a surprise for her, as I never told her I was sending her a gift. Thanks to the Salmiah post office and their wonderful service, my daughter was able to receive her gift (parcel) on time just before her birthday.  Now that's nine days (including holidays), the parcel took to reach UK, from Kuwait. Wonderful isn't it? 

The Salmiah post office accepts registered parcels/packages upto 1.5 kg weight, if you want to send presents to your your loved ones or friends living abroad. Just make sure, you don't send any liquids or eatables.  It's preferred that you write outside the package, the list of contents. Do not send real jewellery or precious stones (like gold, silver...) or electronic stuff. Artificial jewellery is fine. The package I sent,  would have weighed around 400 grams. Due to ongoing renovation work, the post office is shifted to the basement of the building temporarily.

(HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND GOD BLESS !)

2 comments:

Babble said...

Glad your daughter got her present on time, how much did it cost you to send a 1.5 kilo package? x

KUWEIGHT64 said...

Hi Babble! Thankyou for visiting. The package I sent was around 400 grams (less than half kg). The post office charged me K.D. 1.350 for 'registered post' of the package. If its normal post, it would be less. It's better to send it 'Registered' as then you can be sure, the person you are sending it to, will receive it.