Friday 1 April 2011

TODAY IS APRIL FOOL'S DAY


My husband is very concerned about both his cars and always takes good care of them in every way and parks his cars in the usual place in the car park of our apartment building. He had to go out in the morning and when he returned, I told him some neighbour came and said my husband should immediately remove his other parked car from the usual spot and park it elsewhere from now on. He was quite shocked and asked me  why and all sorts of questions ! (to which I didn't have any answers, except 'I don't know') Finally he said, I don't understand, why does the neighbour want me to remove my car from my parking place? So I replied, maybe be because its 'April Fool's Day!!!!!!!' LOL, we had such a good laugh!

April Fools' Day is celebrated all around the world on April 1st of every year.  It's widely recognized and celebrated as a day where everyone plays all kinds of jokes and foolishness. The day is marked by the commission of good humoured or funny jokes,  hoaxes and other practical jokes of varying sophistication on friends, family member, neighbours and close work colleagues. The earliest recorded association between April 1 and foolishness can be found in Chaucer's Canterbury Tales (1392).

Did anyone play a prank on you today? Or are you planning to fool someone? April Fool's day jokes and pranks are carried out  for fun, done with affection and never intended to hurt anyone.  I am planning to fool my cousin who is right now busy shopping in 360 Mall. I am going to give her a call with some 'News'. LOL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed your post!