Saturday 12 November 2011

WHAT NOURISHES ME ALSO DESTROYS ME

Do you know what is this picture below? It's a Tatoo in Latin on the lower abdomen of Angelina Jolie, that reads 'Quod me nutrit, me destruit'. When translated, it means, 'What nourishes me, also destroys me'. Make sense?. I think it has a deep meaning. One could decipher it as -  food is for nourishment,  but if you overeat or eat unhealthy food, it can actually destroy you. Too much of anything can lead to a negative impact! Now conversely, anorexics and buleimics want to remain skinny and refuse to eat or eat so little because they fear food would make them fat. Now this can also be a popular quote for those who starve to remain thin, which ofcourse is a very unhealthy thing. I feel food is for nourishment in healthy, reasonable, balanced and managed amounts!

Now this is just one tatoo among a whole lot of tatoos Angelina Jolie has on her, which have significant meaning.







1 comment:

Marlowe said...

Over here at Marlowe's Tattoo Aftercare Lotion, we believe that a Marlowe is seldom wrong. We also believe that Marlowe's Lotion is an exception to this quote... :-0