Saturday 17 December 2011

ART OF GIFTING



Its after years that I actually picked up lots of gifts from Kuwait  for some special people in my life in India. Everyone has different tastes and sometimes while something appears as 'beautiful' to someone, it might not all be appealing to another person. While travelling, I prefer to travel light and I quite don't like to end up wondering how to fit everything into my suitcase.  But this time, it is different. I decided to buy some gifts. A lot of  time and care is spent from the inception, careful selection of gifts with much love and feeling, buying and  ultimately gifting. And then what happens? We look for that for that glow or smile on the recipient's face. Being very receptive to people's emotions and the vibes they sent out, I for one, can at once sense, if a person liked or disliked the 'gift'. Well, I do hope the lovely gifts I chose and picked up with my husband's help, bring a smile of happiness on their faces. 

In the art of gifting...you are doing what you feel is important, you do it out of love or affection, perhaps as a way to thank someone for their presence or support or help.   Or it could even be for an important occasion. What ever might be the reason....gifting someone special is beautiful thing, that lets them know they hold an important place in your heart. And gifting those who are less fortunate like the needy, orphans, the poor is a great deed. 


No comments: